Thursday, March 06, 2014

Back into running with 2 miles today

I mentioned in my February 26 post that I was experimenting with a new supplement that is supposed to give me greater energy. The supplement contains two enzymes that are used by our bodies in the generation of energy. I began with the recommended dose of two capsules per day and discovered that my left leg swelled and I had some minor pain just above the knee. I discontinued the supplement for a few days while the swelling  subsided. Then, I tried one capsule per day and found that my left leg swelled again and was sore again. I discontinued the supplement and haven't run during the past week. This morning, the swelling and soreness were gone, and my wife and I went to the Jordan River Parkway and went south from the 100th South parking lot. We each did 2 miles.

There are showers forecast for this afternoon, after 3 pm, with a 40+% chance of rain. We left home about 1 pm so we would be back home before the showers. We just got back and had no rain during our workout. The temperature was in the low 50s (F), the sky was cloudy, and there was no wind. All in all, it was a nice day for running.

Yesterday I had some soreness in my left leg, and I put Arnica Gel on my leg, and the soreness was gone in about 30 seconds. However, the soreness came back about an hour later, and I put the Gel on again. Same results. Prior to going to bed, I put Arnica on again, and when I woke up this morning, I had no soreness or stiffness in my left leg. I've used Arnica for over 40 years, and it does wonders. It's the best thing I've found for muscle soreness or injury. Arnica is a flower, and the Gel is made from that. My leg feels fine after my 2-mile run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment