Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This week is a "rest" week of shorter runs

I ran for 47 minutes and ran/walked 2.25 miles. This was in lieu of 60 minutes and 3+ miles. I had intended to make next week a rest week, but I felt tired today and needed to cut my run short, and I decided to give myself the full week for reduced running. I've been running and walking 1 minute each, but I decided last week to reduce it to 50 seconds running and walking, and that is the sequence I used today.

I forgot to mention that about 10 days ago I saw a small garter snake on the path. It was about 8:30 in the morning, and the snake seemed to be sleeping in the sun. I stepped over the snake and it didn't move. I then tapped the snake lightly on its tail, and it slithered off into the bushes. Being cold blooded, the snake needed exposure to the sun to get warm, and I hated to disturb its sleep. I was worried that a cyclist would run over the snake, and I woke it up so it would "escape" to the safety of the bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment