Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ran 3.5 miles again

When I left home and drove to the Jordan River Parkway, I felt pretty good, and I hoped I could do the 3.75 miles again and maybe 4 miles. But, as I neared the first mile marker, I could tell I was getting tired, and I reduced the run to 3.5 miles as I had done on Monday. I mentioned in my previous post that during the last mile of that run I went to a 45/33 ratio of running and walking. I used that ratio during most of the run today. I didn't have a lot of energy during the run, but I felt OK. On Monday my legs were the limiting factor in my running. Today it was mostly my body that was tired. I had a good 7 hours sleep last night, but I need more nights of good sleep to help my body recover.

The temperature during my run was in the mid 70s (F), there was a slight breeze blowing, and there were lots of clouds in the sky but lots of sun, too. A great day to be outside and to be running.

Now, I get to spend the rest of the day scraping and staining the wooden retaining wall around my deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment