Monday, September 13, 2010

Completed a tired 3.75 miles

I completed the 3.75 miles but was tired during the run. I was curious to see how far I could run before I walked, so I ran until my body said to walk. I went about 0.15 miles. I walked for a couple of minutes to recover, and then I went into my 70 left-foot steps running and 45 left-foot steps walking that I had used a couple of weeks ago. During my last half-mile, I went into the 90 lfs/66 lfs that I used last week. I rested several times going out and coming back.

I didn't take water with me, and I was thirsty during the run. At about the 1.7 mile point, I drank from the fountain that I've spoken of during the past few days, both going out and coming back. My turn-around point is at the 1.87 mile point. The shade temperature was 85 (F) when I left home, and I should have taken water with me. I knew the fountain was there, and I looked forward to drinking from it. Because of the extra distance to the fountain and back, I actually went 3.85 miles total.

During the evening, my wife and I walked around the block, about 0.6 miles. The temperature was in the mid 50s (F) during the walk, and the cool mountain air felt great! I said mountain air, because the Wasatch Mountains are just across the valley, and in the evenings and night, cool air from the mountains floods the valley.

Today was not a good day for me to test my body to see how far I could run. I only had 5 hours sleep last night, and I spent a couple of hours painting my porch before I ran.

2 comments:

  1. Holy I would be thirsty running without water, thank goodness for the fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I made my decision to not carry water, I knew I could get water at the fountain. Still, it would have been nice to have had some water before I reached the fountain and after I left the fountain and headed back to my car 1.67 miles away.

    ReplyDelete