Thursday, August 26, 2010

Alexis: Today I Ran...

This post is by Alexis, a guest author.

And I remembered when I first started running, it was difficult.

I have a job that has me working late so waking up extra early in the morning was really killing me. I kept it up for about a week, pushing myself just to do it!

I started to notice that I was actually starting to have more energy throughout my day, and I wasn't as interested in snacking as much either on things like chips and stuff like I used to. I felt just over all better. My work got done faster, and I felt not as over whelmed. Don't get me wrong, some days I felt like hitting the snooze and sleeping in, but I realized that in the end that extra hour of sleep wasn't worth my health or the fact that my body was looking amazing. If you push it, it's worth it. It feels good. I ran 2 miles today, and I remembered barely being able to run to the corner. It's exciting. I want to keep building myself to one day run a marathon or something like it. I really feel like running has changed my life for the better.

For me that's my ultimate goal, and I won't stop until I reach it. I'm being smart though not to push myself too hard and to keep to one goal at a time.

My next goal.. 3 miles ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment