Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another 3.5 miles, and they're getting easier

I was out an hour later than on Monday (9:00), but it was still cool with lots of shade. I ran south for 1.75 miles (just past the East Pavilion) and then returned to my car. On the way down, I talked with a man who was cutting dead thistle bushes. He works for a company that is getting rid of the non-native plants. I asked him about the small trees along the north segment of the Parkway that have a red tag on them. He said they were young Cottonwood trees, and the tag was to mark them so they wouldn't be sprayed with poison. The wire cages around the trees were to protect them from Beavers which like Cottonwood trees.

My wakeup heart rate was 57, and I felt a bit tired but OK when I first got up. On the way back, I stopped twice to rest for a couple of minutes, and I made it back fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment