Saturday, January 05, 2008

A really great four-mile run

I ran four miles this afternoon on the Jordan River Parkway. I felt great and ran faster. My pace during the last half mile was 12:26. The temperature during the run was 36 (F). I checked my cadence during the run, and it was 182. My stride-rate is close to what it was before my injury and accident, but I'm taking quite small steps. As my body strength returns, my stride length will automatically get longer, thus decreasing my pace.

The Parkway path is free of snow and ice, but the asphalt was wet due to rain and a bit of snow last night. I had no problem with my feet slipping, though. I waited until mid-day to run so the warmer temperature would melt last night's half-inch of snow.

After I finished my run, I walked with my wife for a couple of miles. My legs were feeling tired when I finished the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment