Saturday, January 19, 2008

A great 5-mile run to end the week!

Since my last run on Thursday, my right leg and knee have felt fine. They continued to feel fine today as I ran my 5-mile course again. I was out about three hours earlier than on Thursday, and the temperature in the sun was in the mid 30s. My pace during the last half mile was 12:26. On the way out I had a 5-7 mph head wind, and it was nice to have it as a tail wind on the way back. It was nice to have a higher energy level and to be able to go a bit faster. Not faster as in speed training but faster as in more energy.

There was one point on the way out that I saw a couple hundred Canadian geese in the sky, all honking and making a lot of noise. Instead of being in one large V formation, they were in several small V formations and were going in different directions. It looked chaotic up in the sky, but I guess they knew what they were doing....

3 comments:

  1. Mid-thirties running weather sounds glorious. Maybe it'll get that warm here come spring. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our low last night was in the low 20s. I wait until mid-day to run when it is warmer.

    It could be worse for you, Angie. You could be running in the Antarctica, complete with snow boots, thick parka, hat, and thick pants. They actually have a marathon down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can always be worse, you're right. I'll keep plugging along, but I don't think I'll be signing up for that Antarctica marathon anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete