Saturday, March 11, 2006

Me run 10 miles? No problem!

Since last week was a fall-back week, this week was my recovery week, and I ran a 10-mile long run again. I felt fine during the run and afterwards. My wakeup HR was 51. During the run there were snow flurries, but nothing heavy. By the time I got back, the sun was out. If all goes well next week, I'll do 11 miles next Saturday.

When I first woke up, I'd had about 6 1/2 hours of sleep. I measured my wakeup HR and it was 54. I felt tired, so I went back to sleep for half an hour and then measured my wakeup HR at 51, and I felt much better.

Training Graphs

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted you to know I read your blogs. 52YO runner in Tampa FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was thoughtful of you to reply!

    I visited Tampa once back in the mid '60s. I flew into Gainsville, drove to Crystal River to fix a computer at a power plant, drove to Tampa and flew out. I didn't get to see much of your state, but I did take a tour in a glass bottom boat.

    ReplyDelete