Monday, May 23, 2005

Wakeup HR was 59 due to surgery

My surgery last Tuesday for a large skin cancer affected me more than I had expected. I didn't sleep very well last week. I did get a lot of sleep Saturday night, a long nap on Sunday, and Sunday night. My HR was 59 this morning, and I just ran 1.68 miles to loosen up my muscles.

While on the run, I talked with a local farmer, and he said our canal will have water on Wednesday. That is about two weeks later than normal due to all of the rain we've been having.

Training Graphs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr k, thanks for checking in. Hey, at 54, you're still young :) I'll be 70 in October.

    Do you do any stretches for hamstrings? The one I do is stand in front of some steps and put one stiff leg on a step and then lean forward just a bit. I hold it for 10 seconds and then do the other leg. I do this before and after each run. Because your leg is stiff, it stretches the hams. My picture page of stretches has two pictures of this one.

    http://www.leigh.org/running/stretchingpic.html

    ReplyDelete