Friday, May 20, 2005

Nice run on Monday, surgery the next day

I had a nice run this past Monday. I didn't do any walking and felt ok at the end. Still no water in the canal. There are three canals in the valley. I drive past another of the canals, and it is full of water. A year ago, in mid summer, there was an earth slide that blocked the canal. They fixed the blockage, but by then it was time to stop the water. I'm starting to think that there might be a problem again with the canal.

On Tuesday I had a big skin cancer (Basal Cell) removed. When the doc was finished there was a hole 3 inches in diameter and about 1/8 inch deep. The doc was able to stretch the skin over most of the hole, and he ended up with a hole about the size of a nickel. My head has a lot of pain and I'm not sleeping very well. So, it will be a few days before I run again.

Training Graphs

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I want to go run now after reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi chump,

    Thanks for your nice comment! My 31+ years of running has taught me a lot of patience, and that patience is paying back dividends as I experience some of the "trials" of life.

    Have you read the article in my site by George Sheehan on Jogging (it is linked off the Training page)? That article has been my guide in running -- run and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete