Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ran 6 miles yesterday

I ran my 6 miles yesterday. We had a lot of rain during the night before the run, and it was still sprinkling when I left home. The drizzle stopped after I'd gone a couple of miles, and I removed my rain jacket. I felt pretty good during most of the run. I started getting tired during the last mile. I should have stopped at that point, but I had my brain in the driver's seat, and it kept telling me, "You've gotta make your goal of 6 miles". I took it slow during that last mile. You have to be careful when you let your brain do the driving, because it's easy to push yourself too much. The good news is that I'm not tracking my pace. If I get tired but decide to continue, I slow down and many times jog/walk to finish my run. By doing this, I'm always running at my comfortable pace, where my comfortable pace yesterday was around 12 minutes when I started and probably 14-15 minutes when I ended.

I had another surgery today for skin cancer. This one, and the one two weeks ago were for big cancers. If I feel ok in the morning, I'll go for a run; otherwise, I'll take a rest day.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment