Monday, December 23, 2019

I got dizzy & fell


On November 2, I went with Judy up to Ogden for a marriage reception. We had the exact address of the reception but couldn't see the place. We stopped in a large parking lot to see if the wedding place was part of the Merritt Hotel. While walking in the dark parking lot, I got dizzy and fell backwards, breaking a bone in my right leg and shattering my right shoulder into a million pieces. I was taken, by ambulance, to the Ogden Hospital, and I had surgery the next day (Sunday). I went to the Rocky Mountain Family Care in Riverton on Tuesday and spent the remainder of the month in Riverton. My muscles quit working, and I have to learn to walk again. I had walked 1.92 miles on the morning of the accident, so I was in pretty good shape. The leg injury has healed quite quickly, but the shoulder injury is taking longer to heal.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you are done with rehab & are back home with your wife & loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm home with my family, but I'm having to learn to walk again. I'm doing pretty good on level ground but can't walk up or down stairs.

    It looks like my days of running and walking are over.

    ReplyDelete