Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Did a heavy run of 2.6 miles

The snow that was predicted for last night never came. Today was a warm day, in the low 40s (F), and I jogged/walked to the bench that is about 0.3 miles south of 106th South. The ice that was under 106th South was all melted, but there was a big puddle of water under the street. I bypassed most of the water by walking along the west side of the tunnel, but I did go through about 10 feet of water. The water wasn't deep, and my feet stayed dry.

On the way back, I talked with a man who was taking his daughter's dog out for a walk. He is 70 years old and goes about 5 miles twice a week. I told him he was still a youngster. He said that compared to me, he was a youngster. I saw several other runners and walkers on the path. Except for the part under 106th South, the path was dry, and there was no wind blowing. A great day to be out!

I had my beeper with me, and I added a bit of time to the jogging phase. I'm now doing 105 seconds jogging and 70 seconds walking, alternating. I felt pretty good during the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment