Saturday, June 21, 2014

To end the week, I ran 1.5 miles

My wife and I left home about 9:30 this morning. We drove to the East Pavilion in South Jordan City and went north. The temperature during our workout was in the mid 80s (F), and it was humid. There were quite a few runners, walkers, skaters, cyclists, etc. on the path. I felt fine during the first mile, but then my legs started feeling tired, and I took several rest stops. I used a run:walk ratio of 35 seconds:35 seconds.

On the way back, we saw about 50 or so Canadian geese in the Jordan River. Usually, we see ducks in the river and geese in fields. The geese were under the bridge over 104th South where it is shady. Maybe the geese were seeking shade to avoid the heat of the day.

On the way home, I was thinking about my history of running. Five miles used to be a rest run; now it is a long run. 1.5 miles used to be my warmup distance; now it is my total distance. Such is life and getting old. My next birthday will be this fall, so I'm on the downhill side of becoming 79 years of age.

The following picture was taken from the web and shows a flock of geese in a river, although the geese I saw were under a bridge instead of next to the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment