Saturday, December 25, 2010

Gave myself a 4-mile run as a Christmas present

For those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas. I hope all of us have a great 2011.

I ran 4 miles along the Jordan River, doing 105 left-foot steps running and 66 lfs walking. My wakeup heart rate was high (61), so I was expecting to reduce my run from 7 miles to something less. There were quite a few runners and walkers out this morning. The sky was mostly clear with a temperature around 40 (F). A great day for being outside! Today ends a 16-mile week of alternating running and walking.

Now, it's time for me to peel potatoes for a family dinner at 4 pm (MST). Two of my children and their kids will be here. Last night we went to a brother-in-law's house and had a traditional Norwegian dinner that has been going on in my wife's family for more more years than I've been married (47 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment