Saturday, January 28, 2006

Recovery after flu: 6 miler

I just returned from a great 6 miler. A lot of the snow has melted, and I ran the canal trail. The snow that was left was crusty and easy to run in. My wakeup HR was 53, and I felt great, both before and after the run. The temperature was in the mid 20s (F) when I left, and there was a 10 mph headwind with 20 mph gusts. During the first mile, my face was really cold, and I was tempted to return home and get my ski mask. But, after that first mile, my body warmed up and I was fine. It was nice coming back with a tailwind. I had to hold back to keep from going faster on the way back.

There must be a lot of stray cats living outside. I saw a lot of cat tracks in the snow. Some dog tracks, too. I didn't notice any bird tracks in the snow, though. We had a dusting of snow yesterday, so the tracks I saw this morning were made recently.

This has been a great recovery week. If I feel fine on Monday, I'll do 8 miles and will level off at that for 2-3 weeks to give my body some time to adjust.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment