Saturday, September 24, 2016

It was dark, but walked 0.62 miles

I went out about 8 pm and did my usual 0.62 miles, alternating walking and jogging (this was my first attempt at jogging since the pacemaker was installed).

There is one section of the walk that is without street lights, but I carried a cane-light and used the light on that section of the course. There are a lot of trees along that sidewalk, and the roots of the trees have caused the sidewalk to be uneven, increasing the likelihood that I might trip. Since I'm getting old, I have to be careful about things that didn't bother me when I was younger. I do remember, though, tripping on the sidewalk when I was younger, so accidents can happen at any age. One time in Massachusetts I started a run, and my feet got tangled in a bunch of coat hangers that were on the road, and I went down and skinned my knee. I wasn't far from the plant where I worked, so I went back and had the nurse put a bandage on my knee.

The following picture, taken from the web, shows a  cane-light that is similar to my cane. I've been carrying the cane with me, even though I don't use it while walking. I just have the cane with me in case of emergencies. The light isn't very bright, but it is sufficient for my purposes. It is a LED light.


No comments:

Post a Comment