Monday, April 07, 2014

Did my rest run of 2 miles

My wife and I went north on the Jordan River Parkway to the 1-mile marker and then turned around and came back to our car. She walks as fast as I run and faster than I walk, so she reached the turn-around point before me. There is a bench at that point (at the edge of the Sandy City Golf Course), and she waited until I reached the bench. I rested for about 30 seconds, and then we headed back. We got home about noon. The temperature was in the mid 50s (F). I wore running shorts with no jacket and was still cold as my body warmed up. When I was younger, I went faster, and my body warmed up faster, and I would have felt great, but since I'm older I was still cold when I got back to my car. Next time I'll wear my nylon jacket.

2 comments:


  1. Just out of curiosity Allen, why have you got a Skipton GB weather forecast on your blog? That's my area....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Runningfox, no particular reason. Runners are interested in weather, so I put the widget on my blog.

    ReplyDelete